Whether you are writing a novel or a cookery book, your first work or a best-seller publishing law opens a range of possibilities which you should explore and use to your advantage.
Thanks to the film and television industry’s increased interest in good stories and biographies, authors and publishers are in a position to expand the use of their intellectual property rights into various branches. To do this, an optimal contractual framework is essential. We have utilised our expert knowledge of publishing law as well as our awareness of media and entertainment law and the industry to open doors to success for our clients.
Advising on audio books and e-books is also our speciality.
Our services include:
- Drafting and analysis of author and publishing agreements
- Drafting and analysis of translation and proof-reading contracts
- Advice on negotiations with collecting societies (in particular Verwertungsgesellschaft Wort)
- Books on demand and e-books
- Licensing agreements and usage rights
- Advice on fixed retail prices
- Option contracts and filming agreements
- Literary agents
- Advice on personality rights and third-party proprietary rights
- Evidence of priority through registration of the work
Our specialist German lawyer, Rafaela Wilde is available to answer your questions. Call us on +49 (0) 221 / 951 563 0.