Film and Television
From protecting those first ideas for a script, to securing film and television funding; from drafting cast and crew contracts to production and distribution in cinema, on TV and via the web – at every stage of production we are your reliable partner to help you realise your goal.
Whether you are a new comer, or an experienced industry player, we provide our clients individually tailored advice, whether it concerns a specific solution or the entire management of the contractual relationship. Our network of long-standing contacts in the broadcasting, film and television funding branch, as well as in State Media Authorities and in policy is an invaluable asset.
Our specialist film and television lawyers have over 30 years of experience in the media and entertainment industry.
Our clients include artists and film creators, producers, broadcasters and film distributors. We are also available to offer competent and specialist advice on film and television law.
Our services include:
A. Material – Purchase and Development:
- Option contracts
- Filming contracts
- Exposé contracts/ treatment contracts / script contracts
- Dramatising advice
B. Project accompaniment and advice on creation and production
- Employment or service contracts (employees or free-lancers) for production and crew (creation and production management, direction, camera, costume, masks, stage set)
- Actors’ contracts (cast and compares)
- Legal advice (photo, music or art)
- Chain of title
- Licensing contracts of external material (moving images, photo or art)
- Location contracts
- Film music (composers and music production)
- Interview agreements
- Drafting mutual agreements and consent declarations
- Film insurance (cancellation and production insurance)
- Film and television sponsorship on State and Federal level (especially: Film and Media Foundation NRW, FFA (Film Sponsorship Institute), DFFF (German Film Sponsorship Fund))
- Private investment
- Product placement
D. Exploitation and distribution
- Production service agreements
- Co-production agreements
- Licence agreements with broadcasters
- Distribution contracts
- Merchandising contracts (DVD, audio, books, games, other products and services)
- World-wide distribution contract and sales-agent contracts
Our specialist German lawyer, Rafaela Wilde is available to answer your questions. Call us on +49 (0) 221 / 951 563 0.