The law firm WILDE BEUGER SOLMECKE has utilised its expert knowledge, wide-ranging experience and extensive network of contacts in the area of food law and food labelling law to advise food production and distribution companies for over twenty years.
More than ever before, founding and running a food production or distribution business requires an in depth understanding of the legal framework on national and international levels. A business must also be aware of rapidly and constantly changing consumer protection legislation. Consumer eating and purchasing habits change in light of food scandals.
The environment and health aspects have an ever-increasing influence on food production and labelling. We have been successfully advising businesses for years on topics such as starting a food business and buying and selling companies or parts of companies. We provide our clients with individual support and advice.
A. Advice on founding a business
- Choice of legal form and drafting of the partnership agreement / memorandum of association / articles of association
- Financing and applying for subsidies
- Location of company headquarters and support in negotiations with authorities
- Business property and property construction: purchasing and construction of business property; entering commercial leases
- Business asset investment; sale and purchase of shares
- Comprehensive employment law advice: drafting employment contracts, negotiations with unions and employee representatives, takeovers and transfers of undertakings including employment tribunal representation
- Extensive advice on contracts
B. Product development and production
- Drafting non-disclosure agreements and non-competition clauses
- Legal advice on EU regulations and directives, food and food labelling law
- Trademark registration and trademark related support including: design and utility patents and representation in trademark tribunal proceedings
- Advice on competition and copyright protection
- Drafting and advising on licencing agreements
C. Distribution and marketing
- Advice and drafting of distribution agreements and distributor contracts
- Advice and drafting of delivery agreements with wholesale and retail companies
- Product placement and advertising strategies
- Food labelling
- Competitor product assessment and injunction protection
Every project deserves individual legal advice. German lawyer Michael Beuger and his expert team are available daily from 8:00-20:00 to answer your questions. Call us on +49 (0) 221 / 951 563 0.